Skip to main content

Review: Starling's Weave by L.E. Sterling

  About the Book: Truth is more dangerous than fiction…in this exhilarating upper YA fantasy that will capture fans of  Shadow and Bone  and  Dark Water Daughter In ancient times, the Elder Wrights breathed their magic into the fabric of the seven seas. Now what was once an ocean of plenty is slowly becoming a sea of death, and the Talin—a race of hidden mages—are beginning to starve. And for the first time ever, one of their own has no magic. Ostracized by her own people, Nieve is certain that the old stories hide a missing piece of the puzzle. It’s just a matter of unlocking the secret. But when a stranger comes sailing into their harbor, Nieve’s world is suddenly blown wide open. Now she’s sailing on the seven seas—with a too-charming, swashbuckling pirate, a group of strange misfits, and a woman who claims to be one of the Elder Wrights. It’s like Nieve is living one of the stories she’s always loved…only now, she’s weaving a legend of her own. Except that the ol...

Review + Giveaway: The Unforgiven: Athos by Michele Hauf


Book Title:  THE UNFORGIVEN: ATHOS  
Author:  Michele Hauf
Genre: Historical Romance
Author Website: michelehauf.com
Author Blog: (rarely use) blog.michelehauf.com
Author Twitter: twitter.com/michelehauf

Synopsis

He is the law. And she is the outlaw…
Musketeer Arnaud de Sillègue d’Athos is ready to bid adieu to the King's Guard and to lay down his sword. Yet he's been charged with one final mission—to apprehend a dangerous enemy of the king, the Belle Dame Sans Merci. Despite his desire to apprehend a woman who causes such destruction, Athos refuses... until he sees a sketch of her. It's the same villainess with whom he had been locked in a passionate, sensual moment. 

Emmanuelle Vazet never gives up control, even if briefly, in the arms of a blue­eyed stranger, she felt the need to give in and let desire take over. But now circumstances have placed her at the scene of a murder. Her reputation—and the ridiculous name—has preceded her, even if she isinnocent. Now her nameless lover is the enemy. A royalist. A musketeer who could be her undoing... unless she becomes his undoing first.
Goodreads:

5-Stars Review

I like Michele Hauf, I have read one or two of her books before so I had high expectations for this one. I'm not disappointed in the least. In fact I think this book is far better than the previous ones or maybe it's just that I love historical novels better than paranormal. In any case this book is most definitely worth the read. It is written in a fun way which will keep readers entertained through out the whole story. Storyline itself is exceptional and all the characters are really well-developed. I recommend it to all book lovers and I hope they enjoy it as much as I did.
Rafflecopter: a Rafflecopter giveaway