Skip to main content

OUT NOW: Brock and Bloom by Esther E. Schmidt

OUT NOW: Brock and Bloom from USA Today bestselling author Esther E. Schmidt. Life is hard enough for a single mom without adding a man to it. Yet, when a stubborn biker appoints himself as her personal protector there’s no running him off. Get it here: https://books2read.com/Brockandbloom Author & Cover Design: Esther E. Schmidt Release Day: October 6, 2026 Brock – Relocating our motorcycle club to a small town entails switching from outlaws to upstanding citizens. My president and I hit a roadblock when a threat from his past unexpectedly becomes relevant again. An innocent chance meeting lays a foundation, one I find myself fully committed to the more time I spend protecting the woman and her daughter. Bloom – I consider my mother’s funeral the final step in the closure I need for our lacking and distant relationship. Except, where I assume I’m the only one paying my respects, a group of bikers show up and change my life as well as my daughter’s. Enjoy the light suspen...

Review: Gods of Chaos (Red Magic #2) by Jen McConnel

Gods of Chaos (Red Magic #2)

Synopsis

The gods of chaos cannot be trusted.

Since battling her best friend, Darlena’s grip on Red Magic has been shaky. She heads to Scotland after the Winter Solstice in search of another Red Witch. 
On a sightseeing excursion with girls from her hostel, Darlena arrives at The Vaults, a mysterious underground city beneath Edinburgh. But there is something there that make Darlena’s instincts go haywire, as she lets loose a defencive burst of Red Magic, putting everyone around her in danger. 
If there was ever a time when Darlena needed the help of another Red witch, it was now. But beware the witch who wields Red Magic.

5-Stars Review

I loved it! Story continues from book one. Darlena is looking for another Red Witch. She thinks that together they might be able to defeat Hecate for once and for all. But things don't go as well as she had hoped. She did find the other Red but he is not too willing to help her in any way. Now she must think of something else to convince Marcus or maybe even use magic to get his help.
There are many twists and turns in this book. The ending was totally unexpected and completely epic. Now I have only one question: When can we read the next book? I can't wait... :D