Skip to main content

Review: Starling's Weave by L.E. Sterling

  About the Book: Truth is more dangerous than fiction…in this exhilarating upper YA fantasy that will capture fans of  Shadow and Bone  and  Dark Water Daughter In ancient times, the Elder Wrights breathed their magic into the fabric of the seven seas. Now what was once an ocean of plenty is slowly becoming a sea of death, and the Talin—a race of hidden mages—are beginning to starve. And for the first time ever, one of their own has no magic. Ostracized by her own people, Nieve is certain that the old stories hide a missing piece of the puzzle. It’s just a matter of unlocking the secret. But when a stranger comes sailing into their harbor, Nieve’s world is suddenly blown wide open. Now she’s sailing on the seven seas—with a too-charming, swashbuckling pirate, a group of strange misfits, and a woman who claims to be one of the Elder Wrights. It’s like Nieve is living one of the stories she’s always loved…only now, she’s weaving a legend of her own. Except that the ol...

Review: I Hate You, Fuller James by Kelly Anne Blount

I Hate You, Fuller James

Synopsis


I hate you, Fuller James.


I hate your floppy hair and your lopsided grin and those laughing blue eyes that always seem to be laughing at me.

I hate that you’re the most popular guy in school and I’m still the girl who sneezed and spit out her retainer on someone at a middle school dance. It’s just such a cliché.

I hate that I’m being forced to tutor you in English and keep it a secret from everyone. Because otherwise it might put our basketball team’s chances at winning State in jeopardy, and even though I hate you, I love basketball.

I hate that it seems like you’re keeping a secret from me…and that the more time we spend together, the less I feel like I’m on solid ground. Because I’m starting to realize there’s so much more to you than meets the eye. Underneath it all, you’re real.

But what I hate most is that I really don’t hate you at all. 

Review


This book is adorable and I love both Wren and Fuller. They are everything teenagers are supposed to be. They think too much about little things. They worry about being made fun of or not being accepted by their peers. Yet, at heart, both are good kids and don't like hurting others.

Wren hates Fuller, that's no secret. But then suddenly two are spending too much time together. Obviously, everyone around them is curious. No one knows the real reason and stupidly Fuller says things that complicate the situation. He thinks it's no big deal until he starts falling for her. Now he has messed up one good thing that has happened to him in a long, long time. Will Wren ever forgive him and give him another chance or are they just too different to be together? Read to find out and be ready to fall in love with some of the sweetest literary characters ever written.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good YA or contemporary romance novel. This book is a page-turner that you shouldn't miss. ;)