Skip to main content

OUT NOW: Brock and Bloom by Esther E. Schmidt

OUT NOW: Brock and Bloom from USA Today bestselling author Esther E. Schmidt. Life is hard enough for a single mom without adding a man to it. Yet, when a stubborn biker appoints himself as her personal protector there’s no running him off. Get it here: https://books2read.com/Brockandbloom Author & Cover Design: Esther E. Schmidt Release Day: October 6, 2026 Brock – Relocating our motorcycle club to a small town entails switching from outlaws to upstanding citizens. My president and I hit a roadblock when a threat from his past unexpectedly becomes relevant again. An innocent chance meeting lays a foundation, one I find myself fully committed to the more time I spend protecting the woman and her daughter. Bloom – I consider my mother’s funeral the final step in the closure I need for our lacking and distant relationship. Except, where I assume I’m the only one paying my respects, a group of bikers show up and change my life as well as my daughter’s. Enjoy the light suspen...

Review: Clay House by Jordan Elizabeth


Synopsis

When the land remembers evil, no one is safe.

When fifteen-year-old Tatiana Barrie and her family move to a small town in New York, the locals say their new home, known as Clay House, is haunted. The Barries should have believed them.

Soon Tatiana's little brother starts acting strange. He sees imaginary friends; he knows things he shouldn't. Tatiana's stepfather becomes abusive and erratic.

Between possessed dolls and an unknown evil taking over her family, Tatiana is terrified more every day.

She should be even more afraid.

Add to Goodreads Shelf

Review



I loved this ghost story. It's well-paced, creepy, and has a very satisfactory ending. Especially, I loved how the past and present stories were told side by side. The Clay house history and present, both are captured beautifully in this short and quick read.

Tatiana's family move to the Clay house and that's when things start to go down hill for them. The house has a history which is both sad and horrible. People dies there and it is supposed to be haunted. At first no one in her family believes it but then the strange things happen and ultimately, they will have to make a decision about the evil that lurked in the house and the evil they have brought with them.

Overall, an interesting and intriguing tale which mixes the paranormal with the reality. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend to anyone who isn't afraid of ghosts.

P.S. I received a complimentary copy of this book. The review represents my honest opinion.