Skip to main content

Review: Starling's Weave by L.E. Sterling

  About the Book: Truth is more dangerous than fiction…in this exhilarating upper YA fantasy that will capture fans of  Shadow and Bone  and  Dark Water Daughter In ancient times, the Elder Wrights breathed their magic into the fabric of the seven seas. Now what was once an ocean of plenty is slowly becoming a sea of death, and the Talin—a race of hidden mages—are beginning to starve. And for the first time ever, one of their own has no magic. Ostracized by her own people, Nieve is certain that the old stories hide a missing piece of the puzzle. It’s just a matter of unlocking the secret. But when a stranger comes sailing into their harbor, Nieve’s world is suddenly blown wide open. Now she’s sailing on the seven seas—with a too-charming, swashbuckling pirate, a group of strange misfits, and a woman who claims to be one of the Elder Wrights. It’s like Nieve is living one of the stories she’s always loved…only now, she’s weaving a legend of her own. Except that the ol...

New Release + Review: Unbound (The Cursed Trilogy #1) by Betty Legend

Synopsis

I had no idea how beautiful and terrifying my life was about to become.

Living as an independent artist in New York, I was soon faced with the new knowledge of my powers, a curse, and how bonding with five sexy-as-sin supernaturals would break that curse.

One by one they found me—Fae, Warlock, Demon, Wolf shifter, Vampire.
I’m their mate.
Their equal.
Their perfect match.
The one to unbind them from their curse.
Heart, body, and soul, I’m meant to be theirs. Theirs to share. Theirs to love.

From the beginning, they warn me of my fate. The stronger our magic bonds; the greater the chance evil will find us.
These incredible beings will give their lives to protect me, no matter the sacrifice, but I’m not willing to lose any of them.
They’ve stolen my heart and I’ll do whatever it takes to break the curse and stop the one who’s coming for us.

The Cursed Trilogy is a reverse harem paranormal romance series and includes:
Unbound
Unleashed
Unveiled

Review


Hot, wild, and exciting; this book is everything I love. It's fast-paced, well-written, has great world building, and the best written characters I have come across in a while. I thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend it to anyone who likes a good paranormal romance story.

Selene is a painter. She dreams about paranormal creatures and places that don't exist in our world. It's her hope that some day she will find a proof that the paranormal exists. Yet, it hasn't happened. Until she meets Griffin. He is amazing; everything she loved in a guy. But things get a little out of hand. She is having trouble separating dreams from reality and the more she learns about who she truly is, the more confused she gets. Soon she will learn about her destiny and everything she must do to save the hidden world that exists with ours. She will need to be strong, brave, and learn all she can about magic and her powers. Good thing is Griffin and others are more than happy to teach her.

I can't wait to read book two. It's such a great read, and I especially loved the descriptions and the places. They paint such a beautiful picture of a paranormal world that you will want to go there and stay. The emotional side of the story is amazing too. I loved to see how each character grow as they bond and fall in love. It's beautifully written romance story and the one I can't have enough of.

P.S. Don't you just LOVE that cover! It grabs the essence of the story beautifully.