Skip to main content

Book Recommendation: Depths Untrodden by Fizza Younis

  Depths Untrodden A Poetry Collection by Fizza Younis A journey from the depths of oppression to the heights of liberation. Through vivid imagery, powerful metaphors, and lyrical language, these poems explore freedom, equality, and acceptance in a world that often denies them. Poetry for the soul. Get your copy here .

Review: Unraveling Eleven (Eleven Trilogy #2) by Jerri Chisholm

Synopsis

In Compound Eleven, freedom from tyranny is impossible.


My name is Eve Hamilton, and I’ve managed the impossible.

I am free.

Until just like that, it is wrenched from my grasp. And this time, the corridors of the dark underground city are even more dangerous than ever before. But my brief taste of freedom has left me with something useful, something powerful, something that terrifies the leaders of Compound Eleven.

And now I have a monster inside.

One I’ll need to learn to control, and fast, or I’ll lose everything and everyone I hold dear. Starting with Wren Edelman. The one boy who has taught me that anything is possible if we stick together.

But will that matter if I become the very thing he fears the most?

Review



This book is even more thrilling and exciting than the book one. The life in Compound Eleven is nothing short of hell, especially for the rebellious teenager, Eve. In the last book we see how she struggles to find a way out of the compound and succeed in the end. Unfortunately, her freedom doesn't last fro long. Soon Eve and Wren realized that surviving aboveground is not as easy as they had assumed. There might not be any other option than to go back. But what awaits them back at the compound? It turns out that life just got much worse now that they have entered the world of the adults. As the story unfolds, friendships are forged, enemies are destroyed, and secrets are revealed. But at the end of it all, what is there to hope for? Can they ever succeed against the elite of the Compound Eleven or will they end up dead like so many before them? I can't wait to read the conclusion to this amazing Dystopian adventure.