About the Book: Truth is more dangerous than fiction…in this exhilarating upper YA fantasy that will capture fans of Shadow and Bone and Dark Water Daughter In ancient times, the Elder Wrights breathed their magic into the fabric of the seven seas. Now what was once an ocean of plenty is slowly becoming a sea of death, and the Talin—a race of hidden mages—are beginning to starve. And for the first time ever, one of their own has no magic. Ostracized by her own people, Nieve is certain that the old stories hide a missing piece of the puzzle. It’s just a matter of unlocking the secret. But when a stranger comes sailing into their harbor, Nieve’s world is suddenly blown wide open. Now she’s sailing on the seven seas—with a too-charming, swashbuckling pirate, a group of strange misfits, and a woman who claims to be one of the Elder Wrights. It’s like Nieve is living one of the stories she’s always loved…only now, she’s weaving a legend of her own. Except that the ol...
Synopsis
Set one year after the death of Dracula, hope is returning to the lands of Transylania, and a young peasant girl named Aurelia dares to dream of a better future, free from the yoke of the devil's hundred years of darkness. But when a mysterious Healer drifts into town, seeking to cure land and people alike, a terrifying new evil stirs in the blasted lands, and it seems that the lord of the undead is not through yet...or could it be an even greater evil? A titanic and darkly fantastical reimagining/sequel of Bram Stoker's sanguine classic.Add to Goodreads Shelf
Review
The cover was the first thing that attracted me to this story. And I'm glad that I got to read it because it's a great story with beautiful art. I'm not a fan of Dracula; never read it. And still, I enjoyed this story. Loved the twist at the end. My only complaint is that it ended abruptly. I felt as if there should be more to this tale, and there might be. I'd definitely keep a lookout for a volume II.
P.S. I received a complimentary copy of this book via NetGalley. The review represents my personal, honest opinions.